Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The sweet innocence of a child

Isabelle got a new nightgown today from Kohls. It has the Disney princesses on it and came with slippers and a "magic" wand.

Well after bath time she wanted to put on her new nightie and slippers and came downstairs with her "magic" wand. I was in the office reading and Isabelle came in and said,

"Mommy, I made a wish with my "magic" wand that Uncle Vernon won't die. Wouldn't that be cool if it worked!" She was so sweet, and it really touched me. Then she said she is going to find a chemical that will kill cancer, "you will put it on your tongue, and it will never come back". She wished she could invent it before Uncle Vernon dies.

Then we had a conversation about God knowing the right time, and having a plan for Uncle Vernon's life. It was very moving and kind of sad. I wish I could protect her, but I think it is good in a way to know that God determines what man can only predict.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home